1. Farm workers
handling certain pesticides __ being poisoned.
3. ___ are a natural enemy of the boll weevil.
7. Farmers are often unaware of the dangers of certain ___.
10. Along with stinkbugs and 21 Down, these pests plagued
orange growers in China.
12. California orange growers have trouble controlling the
"cottony cushion ___".
14. ___ generations of pest often develop a resistance to
17. An ingredient of Zhao's artificial diet for spiders.
19. Dr. ___ Jingzhao
20. Each year, about one ___ people are poisoned by pesticides
21. An ingredient of Zhao's artificial diet for spiders.
22. Farmers often don't know that they shouldn't ___ pesticide
containers for food or water.
25. ___ pest management.
26. Zhao studied rice paddies, fruit trees and ___ fields
during his nationwide survey,
27. Malaria is carried and ___ by mosquitoes.
29. Parathion has poisoned many people, often when it drifts
through the ___.
30. Natural ___ can be used to control crop pests.
32. Another ingredient of Zhao's artificial diet for spiders.
33. Pesticides can contaminate ___ supplies.
34. Several ___ are used in Zhao's spider recipe.
1. ___ paddies were
part of Zhao's study.
2. A variety of ___ should be used to ensure successful
4. Chemicals can make you ___.
5. ___ weevil.
6. Cotton growers in ___ found that pesticides were becoming
too expensive and too ineffective.
8. Orange growers in ___ were losing crops to the cottony
9. California's ___ Joaquin valley.
11. Farmers often don't have proper protective clothing
or ___ facilities for pesticides.
13. Pesticides also pose risks to ___.
15. World Health Organization : abbreviation.
16. Integrated Pest Management : abbreviation.
18. Parathion can poison when it collects in ___.
21. See 10 Across.
23. Chinese farmers started using natual predators ___ thousand
24. DDT was used to help eradicate ___.
26. Farmers' ___ are often plagued by pests.
28. Insects that eat or otherwise destroy crops.
31. A chemical that has been used to kill malaria-causing